COUNCIL AFFAIRS UNIT
The Governing Council is the highest decision-making body of the Institute responsible for the good order and governance of NIEPA and attainment of its vision, mission, finances, policing, performance quality and reputation. The Unit is also refers to as Council Secretariat being the engine room of business operations of the Governing Council under the direct supervision of the Registrar.
The Unit is responsible in the areas of:
- Providing essential support services and welfare for the members of the Governing Council
- Ensuring timely preparation of the meetings of Council as stipulated in its Standing Orders of meetings
- Preparing the provisional agenda for the meetings of Council, Finance and General Purposes Committee, and other Council Sub-Committees;
- Preparing documents of Council’s decisions within 72 hours for relevant bodies to implement
- Serving Ad-hoc Committee set up by Council from time to time
- Preparing the extracts of the decisions taken at Council meetings and circulating it to all members as well as publishing same in the Official Bulletin for the information of the Institute;
- Attending and taking minutes at the meetings of Council and other statutory Committees of Council
- Serving as the Secretariat of all Committees set up by Council
- Carrying out other duties as assigned by Council under the directive of the Registrar.
The Desks of the Council Secretariat handles the following:
- Council Welfare, Facilities, Logistics and Transportation
- Committees of Council Schedules
- Council Archives/Records/computers
- Handling of public service matters in relation to public policy, government regulations and council decisions.