The Establishment Unit oversees matters of staff recruitment, promotion, discipline and welfare. The Unit has the following Desk Officers: Academic Staff, Senior Non-Academic Staff and Junior Staff among others.
The functions of the Office are:
- Servicing of Meetings of Appointments and Promotions Committees for Academic, Senior Non-Academic Staff and Junior Staff.
- Servicing of meetings of Interviewing and Assessment Panels for Academic, Senior Non-Academic Staff and Junior Staff.
- Attendance at all Appointments and Promotions Committees including APER Meetings of all Units
- Attendance at meetings of the investigation panels and other Committees namely: (i) Appointments and Promotions Committee (A&PC, Administrative and Technical Staff Committee (ATSC) and Junior Staff Committee (JSC) (ii) Interview and Assessment Panels. (iii) Staff Disciplinary Committee.
- Attendance at meetings of the Institute Staff Recruitment Committee of all cadres of staff.
- Preparation of advertisements for placement in the Official Bulletin and two National dailies.
- Initiation of disciplinary procedures for Academic, Senior Non-Academic Staff and Junior Staff.
- Servicing of Ad-Hoc Committees set up from time to time arising from staff appointment and promotion issues.
- Processing of letters of appointment, promotions, demotion and disciplinary sanctions including queries, interdiction, suspension, termination of appointment and dismissal.
- Processing all letters of leave including maternity leave, annual and casual leave, sabbatical leave, special and medical leaves, leave of absence, leave roasters etc
- Processing of letters of commendation and warning letters, letters of sanctions and letters of transfer, redeployment, posting, secondment etc
- Assisting the Registrar in the documentation of personnel files and processing of the record of service of staff including confidential and personal information on staff
- Processing nomination for long service and meritorious services award
- Processing staff requests for appeals, condonement and break in service, restoration, upgrading, regrading and other establishment matters