GENERAL ADMINISTRATION UNIT
The Unit provides timely assistance to the Registrar in managing all aspects of Institutional administrative services not assigned to any specific unit. The General Administration Unit supervises and coordinates the activities of the Registry in the following areas:
- Buildings and Facilities under Estate, Works and Services
- Public sanitation, general hygiene and public health care services within the Institute and its environment including the regular cleaning and clearing of office environment
- Proper documentation of staff medical records
- Oversee HMO activities for the processing and coverage of staff health insurance services in conjunction with Health Centre
- Postage and mail services including collection, distribution of letters and postage
- Provides administrative services in the ICT/ Edutech, Institute Library and other technical Units other than the Bursary, Registry and Academic Departments where required as directed by the Registrar.
- The Registrars’ representative on the following Committees: Housing Committee, Board of Survey, assigned Investigative Panels, assigned Disciplinary Committee and Sanitation Task force
- Administrative support for Health Centre activities on staff records
- Liaise with Bursary and Estate, Works and Services Department on insurance of all vehicles and facilities and the renewal and safe keeping records of licenses and particulars
- The proper placement of notice boards in conjunction with the Public Relations Unit
- Allocation of office space, office utilization and safety measures as may be required and necessary in conjunction with appropriate offices.
- Verification of records on staff matters from security agencies, embassies, government offices in conjunction with the Establishment Office and processing enquiry.
- Liaising with the security unit on the protection of lives and properties in the Institute as required and necessary from time to time