INDUSTRIAL-LABOUR RELATIONS AND PENSION UNIT
The Unit coordinates and reports on matters of industrial and labour relations, trade union activities, staff welfare and pension matters in the Institute. The Office has Desk Officers on trade union matters, Staff Pensions and Staff welfare and supervised by the Head of Unit. The Unit reports and advises management on industrial relations issues from time to time.
The functions of the Unit are to:
- Advise management on industrial relations from time to time.
- Prepare briefs on Unions for the Registrar;
- Collate necessary data required for negotiations with representatives of Unions;
- Liaise with the appropriate Government’s Ministries and Agencies for necessary advice on matters involving trade disputes between the Union(s) and Management from time to time;
- Serve as Secretary at the meetings between the Management and the Unions.
- Attend the meetings of the Nigerian Employers’ Consultative Association
- Attend meetings of PFAs and other Pensions related schemes.
- Service of Ad-Hoc Committees set up from time to time arising from staff general welfare and Industrial Relations problems.
- Initiate and execute policies on staff welfare in conjunction with the Establishment Office
- Process documents relating to the welfare of all cadres of staff as required by Registrar and in conjunction with the Establishment Office.
- Process of documents relating to retirement and disengagement of all cadres of staff in conjunction with the Establishment Office and Bursary Department.
- Attend meetings on Management and Trade Unions matters, negotiating committee and reconciliation of staff welfare.
- Promote Social Networking among staff to foster staff participation and support in formal ceremonies and family events in conjunction with appropriate offices.
- Oversee the coordination of NYSC interns, industrial attaché and SIWES students under Registrar’s Office
- Handle all pensioners and deceased staff matters.
- Provide counseling services to all categories of staff and liaising with the legal units for assistance of legal counsel to staff in matters of private nature requiring legal advice.