STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING UNIT
The Unit oversees matters of staff development and training. The Unit has the following Desk Officers supervised by the HOU namely: 1. Human Capital and Training Programmes 2. Examination, Records and Certificate matters 3. Board of Studies and Academic Staff Development.
The functions of the Office are:
- Coordinating and organizing training programs designed for staff through in-house training, institutional sponsorship and government sources under the direction of the Registrar
- Collation and collaboration with service providers and by trainers in the capacity building of staff and improvement of their intellectual capacity and skills
- Regular review of the Staff APER for HRD assessment
- Nomination of staff for training programmes subject to the directives of Registrar, availability of funds and approval of the Director General/CE
- Follow up on decisions of Appointments and Promotions Committees for Academic, Senior Non-Academic Staff and Junior Staff to improve on staff performance and productivity through training and professional education counseling.
- Attendance at meetings of Interviewing and Assessment Panels for Academic, Senior Non-Academic Staff and Junior Staff.
- Observing and reporting to Registrar on meetings of all Appointments and Promotions Committees relating to APER and examination of staff for the improvement of staff capacity
- Assisting the Registrar in the examination of staff in conjunction with the Establishment Office for purposes of promotion and appointment.
- Assisting the Registrar with the production and issuance of certificates of the Institute and the records of participants and issued certificates for verification purposes.
- Servicing meetings of the Management with Academic Staff only
- Servicing other meetings of the Director General /CE with Academic Staff of the Institute other than meetings of Faculty /Departmental Boards under the directive of the Registrar.
- Servicing meetings on research grants in the Institute in conjunction with the Management Unit and Faculty Officers.
- Overseeing matters of academic development in the Institute involving the training of academic staff, attendance of conferences and seminars