ICT Department provides a cross cutting function that address the optimal connectivity and operations of Computers, harness the emerging technology to enhance training, research and information dissemination capability of the Institute through, backup upgrade, disaster recovery, troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of system with the provision of technical support, and also to conduct series of Computer and ICT related training for education planners and managers for effective service delivery.
The Department has four Units, as indicated in the organogram below.
The Department of ICT is a service department which performs the following functions:
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
The Head of the department performs the following functions;
- Advices the DG/CE and Management on ICT related matters.
- Overseas the operations of the department.
- Implements approved organizational programmes.
- Manages the human resources of the Unit in accordance with the approved personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages effectively the financial and physical resources of the department.
- Formulates policies and plans, and makes recommendations to the Management.
- Decides/guides courses of action in department’s operation by staff.
- Interfaces between Management and ICT Team Members.
- Interfaces between the Organization and its public, stakeholders and community.
- Motivates staff of the department.
- Looks into the future for change opportunities related to the Organization’s mission.
- To implement the strategic goals and objectives of the department.
- To give direction and leadership towards the achievements of the Organization’s philosophy, mission and goals.
- Makes recommendations to Management on critical matters.
- Oversees the design, marketing, promotion and delivery of quality programmes and services.
- Recommends yearly departmental budget for Management’s approval and prudently manages the department’s resources within the approved budget guidelines.
- Ensures that the Institute, its mission, programmes and services are consistently presented in strong and positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Assists the DG/CE and Management to fulfil its governance function.