SERVICOM and Transparency Unit
SERVICOM is an acronym for Service Compact with All Nigerians. SERVICOM was born on 21 March, 2004 with the compact’s core provision whereby the President and the Ministers entered into a SERVICE COMPACT WITH ALL NIGERIANS (SERVICOM). Public offices are now dedicated to providing the basic services to which citizens are entitled in a timely, fair, honest, effective and transparent manner.
Our Core Values
Discipline, Meritocracy, Academic Freedom, Excellence, Creativity, Professionalism, Resourcefulness, Team Work, Fairness, Efficiency, Dedication, Diligence, Commitment, Equity, Truthfulness, Integrity, Accountability, Transparency, Respect, Open Mindedness, Social Responsibility among others.
NIEPA SERVICOM Functions
- To drive the process for positive change in the Institute.
- To facilitate a safe and conducive working environment for staff at all levels of service delivery.
- Establishing a complaints’ procedure including grievance redress mechanism.
- Disseminating best practices and tips on service delivery improvement thereby ensuring the promotion of quality assurance-SERVICOM officers are assigned to all the departments, units and consult outfits for this purpose.
- Monitoring of the Institute’s training programmes and activities.
- Maintaining suggestion boxes and facilitating the implementation of right suggestions.
- Guiding and counselling staff in order to prevent conflicts in the Institute.
- To provide a comprehensive and effective training policy for frontline staff on customer relations and related matters.
- Instituting appropriate survey or opinion poll method in identifying needs and expectations of staff, clients, customers and the public.
- Serving as the secretariat of NIEPA SERVICOM Committee.
- Liaising between Ministerial SERVICOM unit of the Federal Ministry of Education and NIEPA SERVICOM.